SO! It's time to begin a new story. Something I'm EXTREMELY excited about announcing!
Anyways, I've gotten another really awesome opportunity this week. I will be working the first two shows of the Imagine Dragons Tour. They will be opening their show in Tempe, AZ and then their next show will be in Las Vegas, which I will be at as well. I'll be driving myself up (I've got other business to do while I'm in town and will need my car), and then driving back the following day after I conduct some other business.
I'm really excited about this. Like, REALLY REALLY excited. I've known I could have this opportunity since like November, but nothing was concrete until a few weeks ago. That's one of the hardest parts about my job... nothing ever being concrete, no constancy. But that's also what makes it so exciting and thrilling. You never know what's coming next.
Some of you may be asking how this all came about. I'll give the readers digest version, because the real version is like 10x longer than the Donny & Marie show. Ok, not really, but it's late, and you'll get the gist :)
I work with a band called Firefly. I'm sure some of you have seen the pictures I've done of the 3 red-head girls who sing. Their uncle Jon and I are good friends. Jon's cousin is Mac Reynolds, who just so happens to be Imagine Dragon's manager. Jon introduced Mac and I to each other, and Jon also basically sold me to Mac telling him that he really should have me there.
Mac and I exchanged a few e-mails, and after a little bit of work, he agreed that having me be at the shows would be a good thing for the band, AND for me.
We say that it would be good for me because there is still SO much I need to learn. I'm not getting paid to do this yet because I am still trying to build my portfolio, but that's why this is such a big deal!! At this point, I've got some key people in my portfolio, people who can help take me places. Donny & Marie, Alex Boyé, Wynonna Judd, Lindsey Sterling, and the Osmond Brothers just to name a few.
After this week, I'll be able to add Imagine Dragon's to my portfolio and it will just make it that much more amazing. I will be able to sell myself so much more to others with the portfolio I have.
Now if ONLY I had a connection to Taylor Swift...
Maybe one day I'll figure that connection out.
But until then, I'm enjoying where I'm at with my life. Maybe one day I'll get a chance to go on tour with a band. That would be really neat :)
Until sometime in a few weeks when I post about Imagine Dragons...
"It's time to begin, isn't it?"
I'm packing my bags and I'm getting ready to start soaring.
--Leavitt


No comments:
Post a Comment