"What? What happened?" you may be asking.
Well, on Dec. 6th, Sterling Williams Beck was born to my sister Shaela and brother-in-law Eldon.
See!? Isn't this baby-boy just adorable? Hold on, let me show him off some more!





He's quite the handsome little man! I love being his aunt! Sterling will make number 4 for Shaela, and his brother and sisters are so excited to have him join their family.
And on Saturday, Dec. 17th, at 9:56 pm, I became an honorary Aunt again. My friends Kyle and Carla brought their beautiful baby girl into this world. Kadri Marie. Carla's water broke at my house on Friday night, they went to the hospital, and 22 hours later, Kadri was here. It was such a wonderful experience. I went in and took pictures like crazy! She wasn't even 5 hours hold before I had EASILY taken about 600+ pictures of this sweet little girl. Watching her mom and dad hold and see their sweet little girl was a new experience for me. They were so excited and yet, calm. It was so wonderful. Well, after a few hours, everyone left to go home and sleep, and Kyle (dad) went home to shower and take care of the dogs and then come back. I stayed with Carla until Kyle got back. And in that time (about an hour and a half) one of the sweetest experiences of my life happened.
One of the nurses came and took Kadri to have a bath, and the other nurse took Carla to clean her up and take care of her. After Kadri's bath, Carla still wasn't done, so the nurse handed Kadri to me. Here's why it was such a big deal. Kyle didn't want anyone to hold her for the first two weeks to prevent any diseases or germs or sickness. He's a first time dad, what can you say! So when the nurse handed Kadri to me, I almost wanted to say no, but I also knew it was my only chance to hold her. So I took this sweet angle in my arms and held her.
And before you knew it, I had started crying.
I suppose it all just hit me. She was just with our Heavenly Father. She is so pure and clean. You could look at that little face and just feel like you were looking into the heavens. It was like there was this moment where I couldn't handle it. The flood gates just opened and I just realized how close I was to my Father in Heaven at that very moment. I haven't been that close in a long time. I just stood there holding her and cried. It was such a sweet experience!



She's a darling girl and she's already gotten use to the flash and having a camera in her face. It's a good thing for her to be like that, considering, she will have a camera in her face every day for the rest of her life! :)
To top off the rest of this weekend (sorry, there won't be pictures for this!) I was called as the 2nd counselor in my YSA's Relief Society.
I feel truly honored! But I also feel like I have this crazy weight on my shoulders. It's a different weight, a good weight, but a different weight. No longer am I just in charge of having an awesome activity once a week, but now I'm in charge of all women in my ward. Well, maybe I'm not in charge, but I'm close!
I'm excited and scared. I know that I'll be on my knees a lot. I know that I'll be reading my scriptures a TON and I know that the Lord truly loves me.
It was a super crazy weekend that's for sure, but it was such a good one!
I love life and I love my creator. He's the bee's knees for sure!
<3 The girl who doesn't cry with her nephew but holds a baby girl and sobs within seconds of holding her!
No comments:
Post a Comment