SO! The Goal was to write once a month. Since I’m posting this in January, I say it counts, even if it is the END of the month. It’s still considered January.
There is so much to fill everyone in on. Let’s start where I left off last time… after Kadri’s birth, we went to my sisters house in 29 Palms, CA (it’s near Joshua tree) for Christmas. It was truly wonderful to spend the time with them. Christmas just isn’t the same without having a bunch of children running around getting excited about every little thing!!
When we came home, I started my new job. I work with special needs kids in the afternoon and I really like it. My friends Kyle and Anna work there too, and I’m loving the time I get to spend with these special children. I swear, when I work with these kids, it’s like I’m super close to my Heavenly Father. These spirits wanted bodies so bad that they were willing to take whatever body they were given, even if it did mean they were different, so that they could so that they could get this earth experience. I’m grateful for the time that I get to spend with them every day.
Soon after starting that, and realizing that I was having transportation issues, I decided to solve that problem by buying my OWN CAR!!! Yes, that’s right, I OWN my own car, ok, actually the bank owns it… but I get to drive it wherever, whenever and however I WANT! I’m so happy! It comes with a heavy price though… part of me thinks I should’ve waited a little longer, but I now have transportation!
I now own a 2004 Hyundai Elantra. It came with some problems that needed fixing, but after getting all of that done, I now have quite a wonderful car. It’s black, manual and practically identical to the other car I drove for awhile. I had a name for this car… but with all the problems that I faced early on with it, I decided the name it got wasn’t a good one. I’ve tossed around a few names… but nothing has really stuck. Part of me doesn’t want to name it… but I know that in some time I will come up with a name for it. I name all the cars I drive. It drives my mom NUTS, but I think cars should have a name! In my opinion, when you treat a car right, it will take care of you. It’s the one thing I don’t have too much problem putting money into to get it all taken care of.
As I write this, I have a sleeping baby on my chest. No, it’s not a precious nephew or sweet Kadri… it’s my new nanny family baby. Yes, everyone, after leaving the nanny world for a few months, I’ve gotten sucked back into it! I watch a sweet little 8 month old in the mornings and work at the special needs center in the afternoons. It keeps me busy, just the way I like to be!
It’s just easier to nanny, they pay well, it’s a laid back job, I get to play with kids, and it’s a set schedule where I never have to worry about working on a Sunday, with the exception of a few times when the family needs me… but those are few and far in between. I honestly love being a nanny. It’s a great job. Maybe one day I’ll get a real job, but for now, this is a great means to an end.
My photography is going well. I still have clients that I get to shoot when they’re in town or I’m available. I’m loving getting to do what I love to do! :)
I'll hopefully post pictures of everything in the next couple of days... I love posting pictures. If you haven't had a chance yet, go to my FB photography page. Lots of good stuff there!
<3 the girl who's posting this blog late... oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment