Yes, my life has turned into just one big editing party. Why all the editing you may ask? Well, 2 weeks ago I was the official photographer at the US National Synchronized Swimming Championships. Yup! I was THE photographer. It was a HUGE help to my career. I did really well too on sales. The not so fun part about the job: the editing. I took over 40,000 pictures over the course of 4 days. Yes, you read that right. 40,000 pictures. So, is it really any surprise that I am editing up a storm? NOPE! I promised clients that I would get them their pictures this week... it'll end up being next week. I only have a few more edits done... and I'm working so hard to get them done. I just hope people will be forgiving about them being so late! I've already had some people call about the pictures (which I'm grateful for, it means they actually care!) and people have been really understanding about their pictures coming next week. But that just really means that I have to deliver, and deliver SOON!
While I've also been super busy with that, I've also taken on a 3 new adventure/challenges. 1) It really shouldn't be a surprise, but I've been photographing Wendel's H.S Volleyball team. They're so good and I love photographing them! 2) I've also taken on a new nanny job. I work with a 1 & 2 yr old. It sounds hard, but it's really easy. The kids are a breeze and they're so good and fun and loving. I love it 95% of the time, just want to zone out about 2.5% of the time and want to go home the other 2.5% of the time. To me, that's not bad in the LEAST bit! :) I seriously love it! And 3) I'm going to AFRICA. YES! You read that right again. AFRICA! The Forever Young Foundation has asked me to come along as a photographer when they go down in July. I'm so excited. Seriously. So Excited! SO EXCITED! I'll get to do a lot of service work, and something I've always wanted to do, take pictures in AFRICA! FREAKING AFRICA! So, while I'm busy pursuing my dreams, working full time and being in the Relief Society Presidency ... I'm also finding time and resources to really go out and achieve my dreams. I'll keep everyone informed about how things go for Africa. I promise. Anyways, I've been really REALLY bad about posting pictures, so here are a bunch! Sure love you guys!!
OH yeah! I made a new friend, her name is Aly. When I edit pictures, she sleeps, or does HW... she was sleeping this time. hehehe. I'm a photographer, I take pictures... good and bad.
These are my editing faces... 40,000 pictures is a daunting task!
So, Um, I took my laptop with me to go get a pedicure... I can't just leave it be. I've got pictures to edit!
This is me filling out my VISA for Africa. :) I just have to document everything!!!!!!
Oh yeah, and this is me hard at work as a photographer for synchronized swimming.
I had to set up this freaking tent every day... the first day it didn't go so well... try running a business like this... doesn't go so well. haha
But I finally got it set up! :) It really did look good!
While I loved getting to be the official photographer, it seriously took a toll on me. By the end of everything, I was SO SO SO HAPPY to be done! This was my victory face! It was a VICTORY!
However, I don't know how I would've gotten through the week without Aly (right) and Lindsey (left) (I'm in the middle in case you forgot!) Aly and Lindsey came and helped me out during the week to run my business part so I could focus on just taking pictures. Seriously, it was a blast having my two friends come help me!
I made spoons that said "stolen" on them and attached them to my pens. I started with 8, and I ended with 8. No one stole my pens hehe.
I borrowed a lens for the week that I was shooting so that I could get some REALLY great pictures. Let me tell you, I'm in LOVE with this lens and it will be joining the family at some point. It's going to be one of the next big purchases when I'm able to! :)
This is my "I FINISHED 2 DAYS WORTH OF PICTURES!" face. It's a big deal!
Sometimes, I'm just a dork, and I look like I'm 12 no matter what I do.
First off, this is to show my weight-loss (I've lost 20 lbs!) and second, I call this picture "Walkie-talkie butt" I can be a dork sometimes.














No comments:
Post a Comment