Friday, June 29, 2012

RIO 2016 Olympics


SO! For those of you who don't know... I've decided that I want to be a sports photographer at the 2016 Olympics. I've got 4 years to gear up for it. I've got approximately 2 1/2 years to figure out how to get there. I want to get paid to be there and I want my pictures to be used. SO, how am I going to get there you ask? Well... I'm trying to figure that out myself as well, although... I've got some ideas that I'll share with you.

1) Keep doing my own sports photography. The Mesa Convention and Visitors Bureau looks to be promising in getting me into events. They seem to want to use me, so I'll keep doing work for them :)

2) Find other local sports photography companies and see if I can work with them.

3) Start looking at news papers, and other broadcasting companies that are going to be covering the event. USA Today, NBC Sports, ESPN, and possibly, the US Olympic team... I've got some connections... but I need to get REALLY good before I even THINK about approaching any of them. I really home to get some connections with gyms and athletes around here. I'd love to get involved in Gymnastics (as everyone loves!), swimming, diving, synchronized swimming (I'm good at that!), volleyball, basketball, basically any sport. I just want to get super involved! I'd love to figure out how to get to the 2018 Winter Olympics in Korea and cover it there... but I'm going to focus on the 2016 olympics first. I think that's more feasible!


But for now, I'm just going to focus on what I can. I'm going to get involved in as many sports as possible. I'm going to just do whatever I have to do to get my foot in the door. SO! Ready or not, here I come!!!


Time to do something different! Ready, Set, GO!

<3 A different kind of Olympic Hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment