Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guess what!? Guess what!? Guess what!?

SO! If you didn't guess, shame on you. If you didn't hear the whole "guess what!?" title in my singy-song type of voice, re-read it with the singy-song voice going on in your head along with watching me do a jig. I promise, if I had a camera round, trust me, there would be video!

Oh, I suppose I should fill you in on what's so exciting. Guess what came in the mail today? You don't know!? Well, I shall tell you. MY VISA CAME! Yes, yes, you read it right. My visa to Ghana came today. Pretty dang exciting huh? OH! You wouldn't be able to imagine my excitement when fedex arrived and knocked on the door and gave me my envelope with my visa inside. I was like a kid on christmas morning. Jumping EVERYWHERE! Dancing, singing, prancing, giggling, and then, before I left on my afternoon adventure, I ran upstairs to my room and took pictures. I wasn't about to not open the envelope and NOT see my visa, but I also wasn't going to not document the moment. I suppose somethings will just have to wait in life :)

Pictures, ah yes... here they are!
 The envelope!
Addressed to muah!!! 
 Opening the envelope. Do you see what I see!?
 AH! It is! It's my PASSPORT AND VISA! AH!
 It's been returned to me! With a wonderful present inside!!!
 Check it out! CHECK IT OUT! CHECK! IT! OUT!
 It's my freaking VISA!
The Washington DC Ghana Embassy seal!

In the event that you couldn't tell, um, yeah, I'm pretty stoked. I leave for Africa in just a few weeks... 5 to be exact, but I'm not counting... nope, not at all.

I've got everything pretty much figured out as far as packing goes... I think. I've got all my camera equipment I think I'll need. I'm debating about renting a lens and taking it to Africa with me... but I'm not sure if it's a lens that I'll end up using... I'm still debating. I did however buy a lens tonight... yeah, I'm super excited about it. Brand-spankin-freakin-new! Only been used twice (2) yes, you read that right, for $260. Normally, it's a $400 lens. Uh, yes. I got a steal of a deal. Oh, you want to see a picture of the new addition, well, let me show you the new beaut!

big ol' lens :)

 psh, let's be honest. I was never going to take just ONE picture with my new lens.
 AH! Isn't she so pretty?
A new family member has been added. Welcome to the family 28-135mm... I'll find you a new name soon, PROMISE!

Besides buying this lens today, I also went for a fun drive. I drove all the way out to Payson, AZ

(let me tell you, it's quite the drive, about an hour and a half, but SO worth it!)

Why the heck did I drive ALL the way out to Payson? Well, there's an AMAZINGLY beautiful canyon to drive through. Seriously. It's breath taking. I use to make this drive to get out to the trail every week. I was kind of missing it today, and honestly, I was just having an off day. I needed to get out of the city. I needed to get away from the noise. I needed to just be on my own and with my own thoughts. So, me and Lucy-Lu went for a drive. She slept most of the time... but I got what I wanted. Pictures. Sunset Pictures. Beautiful breath-taking pictures. Don't believe me? Well, let me share some with you. 


The pup-pup/ co-pilot. What a lucky dog :)

 psh. My co-pilot. Asleep on the front seat. Thanks pup-pup. 



 It's such a stunning view...
 I couldn't resist. I had to get in a few myself!
 Sometimes, as a photographer, I forget to take pictures of myself. I forget that I worked hard to set it up just right, and I need to reward myself by taking pictures of myself. Besides, Self Portrait??
 Me and my girl!
 She was such an AWESOME prop. That's my pup-pup!
 It's so freaking beautiful!


 AH! I just love this!
 Yes, I really did capture this. So beautiful!
I love this picture. I really do.

Sometimes, in the midst of crazy editing, I forget reasons why I am obsessed with photography. But then I do a shoot like this, and I'm quickly reminded why I love photography. 

SPEAKING OF PHOTOGRAPHY!

A little while ago (ok, March) I had the opportunity to be a 2nd photographer at a wedding that another friend photographer was doing. I got to take some of my own pictures which I won't be releasing until just before I leave for Africa, HOWEVER, my friend did take some pictures of me taking pictures and the two of us. I thought that just for the kicks and giggles of everything, I'd share a few of them :) Hope you don't mind E!
I'm not quite sure why I love this picture, but honestly, does it really matter why? I look like a BOSS!

Ok, seriously BEST DJ ever! I would LOVE to work with him again!
 Me and Elisha. A tall redhead and a short blonde make for a GREAT team!
Two great cameras combine... and you get STUNNING images :) 

Last night was my first night shooting an LDS wedding. It'll be good practice for me as my aunt wants me to be her photographer when she gets married in Jan. I'm not trying to become a wedding photographer, I want to be a sports/family/music/events photographer, but sometimes, weddings are just fun! :) Elisha called me up and asked if I could help her do a session at the temple last night. It was my first time working at the temple (I'd love to do more!) and it was my first time being there on a monday night. It made sense to do it on a monday night. There are no crowds. We're not trying to kick people out of the way or fight for spots or anything... it makes me think about my future wedding... whenever that'll happen. Anyways... here are some shots I grabbed on my cell phone last night.

 This was my view most of last night... chilling behind the lights :)
 Elisha sitting down on the job. 

Well, basically that's that! SO! Stay tuned to next time I post a blog. I've got some super fun exciting things coming up soon. Pictures of me preparing to pack, and all the other stuff. I can't believe it. 5 weeks. It's so soon. I'm so excited. Terrified, but SO SO excited.

Until next time...
<3 the girl who doesn't know how to end such an epic blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment