I completely understand that all of us are working or going to school. I get that we all have lives that go outside of the church. I understand that getting people's schedules to line up is difficult. I understand it completely. But that doesn't mean passing the buck. It doesn't mean that you just decide to not show up.
So, after awhile, I moved to the homeward. These are women who are married. Who have children. Who have lives. Who are working. They have lives that go on OUTSIDE of the church, and yet, they are busy SERVING. They are busy with the church, but they're also busy with their own lives.
I got my first visiting teaching route in my new ward. I have a companion. An ACTUAL COMPANION. I am SO use to just doing it on my own that when I got my assignment, I just started thinking about when I could get it done this month... and then, then thought occurred to me, I have a companion... she might actually want to come and help, she may actually want to do visits with me!
I called her. We have appointments made. We are doing this. TOGETHER.
For once, in a place where I don't and shouldn't really belong, I feel like I belong. I feel like I'm wanted. I feel like I'm accepted. I feel like I have a group of women who are supportive, who care and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. These are such INCREDIBLE women.
They have SO much to teach me. I'll bring my youthfulness in... BUT, at the end of the day, I belong in a place where I shouldn't belong... and I LOVE it!
So there it is. My life... it's a crazy one, but I love it!
Pictures and an update you say!? Well, SURE!
Wendel graduated from High School.
Yup. You read that right.
Wendel. Graduated. from HIGH SCHOOL!
The last of us Wells kids. My mom did it! She got her 5 seminary graduates, she got her 5 High School graduates, and now, she's about to send off her 4th missionary. In the event you're wondering why only 4 instead of 5... my 3 older siblings served missions, I chose not to, and Wendel, well, he leaves in a week to go serve his mission. It'll be 2 years before I see him again... I'm sure gonna miss that kid. He and I are incredibly close and I love him a lot.
Wendel will get set apart on Sunday, he leaves for Utah on Monday. He will spend the 3 days up there before going into the MTC visiting family and very close friends. I will fly up on Tuesday night and spend the remaining time with him until he goes into the MTC at 2pm on Wed.
It's coming so fast. I'm so excited for him, but I'm so sad at the same time.
I worked for Imagine Dragons again... that was pretty cool :)
And honestly, that's kinda it. I'm going to Chicago in a few weeks... so I'm just preparing for that and getting ready to move and what not. It's going to be fun :)
Anyways, here's a few pictures to make you happy! :)
You better believe Wendel and I arranged this!! Haha. Sure love the crazy kid!
Called to SERVE! Mexico, Mexico City West June 2013-2015
I got a new camera... and lens... so I took it outside for a test run.
I took my best friend to go see Imagine Dragons with me because my brother couldn't go at the last minute. Oh well. It was fun to have my best with me working!
This is one of my FAVORITE images from the show.
It just has so much emotion in it. It's beautiful. I love it.
I still nanny. And my little girl is HUGE now! Walking, talking... all the good stuff! It's crazy to see how fast things have changed!
Anyways... such is my life these days!
<3 the girl who's going a million miles an hour these days!







-2.jpg)












When are you NOT going a million miles an hour, Miss Leavitt?! :) hooray for your brother! What a stud!! And hooray for getting to work with Imagine Dragons!!! I'm so so happy your photography is taking off :D you've got mad skills! And also, you look GREAT. So beautiful. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteI miss you Leav! Glad you're doing so well! :)