I move to Arizona.
I move in with my family.
I work and go to school.
My dad commutes between here and Texas every other weekend.
My brother finishes up his last two years of high school.
My brother gets his mission call.
He graduates.
He leaves on his mission.
My mom figures out what SHE herself is going to do (probably move back to Houston with my dad).
And I, well... I figure out what I am going to do with my life.
See. I've known this was the plan.
That after 2 years I'd have to find a place for myself.
& I'd move out.
THAT is what the plan is and was.
I put off things like planning, packing, preparing... etc.
I mean, I did those kind of things, but I didn't really think about it as I was doing them.
We put wendel into the MTC 3 weeks ago Wednesday. June 12th. He's got another 3 weeks until he goes to Mexico.
I've found a cute little house to move into in Chandler. It's a 12 minute door-to-door drive for work.
I've secured another year contract with the family I nanny for (it came with some pretty sweet perks too!)
I've gotten things ready to move (kinda... still working on that...)
I'm in the right place. I'm doing the right things. And yet, I sit here and I literally watch this chapter in my life end.
The things that I've been planning on, that were just THOUGHTS and PLANS are actually happening.
My brother is no longer in High School. I no longer go to the school in the afternoons/evenings and have someone to cheer on at dive meets. I don't have volleyball games to go to 2-3 days a week any more. I don't have someone to buy smoothies for at noon and put in his car 5 minutes before he gets to his car. I don't have a brother who will just come and plop onto my bed and sit and talk with me. Things are changing.
I feel so blessed though. I feel so taken care of. My Heavenly Father is VERY much aware of me, as he has been this entire time. He has taken care of me and my family for the past two years. I KNOW that this was the plan for me and my family, as unconventional as it may be. It was hard, it's been hard, but we've been taken care of in so many ways. We've had an INCREDIBLE ward. We've had wonderful people who have watched over us, loved us, helped us, serve us, blessed us... they've done things we could have never done for ourselves and we are SO appreciative of them.
I'm excited for this next chapter in my life. I really am. I know that something is coming down the pipe and I'm happy about it. It's just weird to watch something that's been talked about actually come to pass.
Keep watching here to see what happens next... I can't gurantee to be the BEST updater, but I'll try to be better!
<3 the girl who's chapter in her life is ending!
Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure!
Mom, Elder Wells and Me just before he went into the MTC!
He may be bigger than me, but I can still give the kid piggy back rides!
Sure love this kid.
He may be my baby brother, but he's just as protective, if not more protective of me than any other man in my life.
Within a day of being home, I had to do a photoshoot to keep myself from missing my brother. I happen to be the one to get muddy during my shoot. Quite the adventure! I even lost my flip-flops.... :(
I can be a cheeseball sometimes... I was SO muddy! I felt like a little kid kind of!
Oh yeah. I also took my mom to Chicago with me to be my model while I worked with my mentor, Daniel DuVerney. But that'll be under the chicago blog, which I'll tell you all about that later!
We kinda had a lot of fun together...
but you'd NEVER guess that would you!?








Yay!!! I'm so excited for your life!! :) it is so weird when plans actually work out the way you thought they would, huh?? Usually you expect some sort of divine intervention to completely catch you off guard! I'm excited to hear all about Chicago!
ReplyDeleteTotally! It's like things are actually going according to plan and it's catching me off guard... we should skype girl!!!
Delete