Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My dream in the making!

So! For those of you who know, I was a Young Walker (YW) or participant at ANASAZI 6 years ago. ANASAZI healed me, taught me, and gave me back my very life. I am so in debt to ANASAZI for all that they have allowed me to become and do! And well, here I am, 6 years later, I've returned as a trail walker to give back to the program that changed my life. I want to be like one of the trail walkers who changed my life. I don't necessarily have to change a life, but if I can at least point them in the right direction, or do something to help them see that there is a much better life out there, I want to do it, I want to be there, and I want to help them.

Waking up on Monday morning, KNOWING that I got to go to the office that day, it was like Christmas Eve. It was so exciting, I couldn't sleep! I was just so excited. I kept counting down the hours until I was needed to be at the office. Finally it was time. I loaded up all my stuff into my car and drove to the office. I can't tell you how it felt to pull into the parking lot at ANASAZI and know that I got to be there with purpose, I wasn't just visiting this time, this is where I got to work!!!!!!!!! AH!

After we talked with Ezekiel Sanchez (he's the founder), and we did some last minute things, we went out to the trail to do some training! It was so wonderful to go back out and be in nature. To let the Creator speak to my soul, to loose track of time, what time meant, and having a schedule. My schedule was all based on accomplishing skills, cooking, and re-learning how everything worked again. I loved sleeping on the ground, being under all the wonderful things that the Creator allowed for us to be apart of. Basking in the ANASAZI way and having sittings, steppings and makings... all the things that have VERY special places in my heart. I was home. I was in my element. I was Singing Sun Stone. I was one with myself. It was incredible!

We were only on the trail for a few days, came home, and had more office training. The training was very specific and involved two sides, the logistic side (what licensing requires of us) and the ANASAZI way. We learned that it was important to see people as that, people! They are children of the Creator. They are not an obstacle to have to get passed, they don't have labels and they aren't bad kids. They are someone's child, they are someone's sibling, and they deserve to have new beginnings, to be able to be loved, and have opportunities to learn and grow.

I'm sure that not many people know what my job is, and what it entitles. So let me explain it to you. My job tittle is called a Trail Walker (TW), I'm supposed to know the trail and I am a walker, so I am called a Trail Walker. Being a TW requires lots of things. It requires patience, love, knowledge, and the ability to see people as people. To be able to listen to them. To not label them. To allow them the opportunities to learn from mother nature, because she is always teaching.To allow them to have new beginnings and forgive quickly. To have a heart at peace with them. To encourage them. To teach them. To be with them and be fully invested in them. I also do the logistical side of things like making sure they are eating and drinking well, hiking safe, and learning about them. But my biggest goal is to help turn the children's hearts back home, so that their parents and them can walk in WE. That's my job. It's not really that hard of a job when you think of it. I hike with them, I eat what they eat, I sleep where they sleep... anything and everything that they do, I do it as well. I am their equal, I just look out for their safety.

And guess what!? I get to do this. I get to do this now! I get to fulfill a dream. I get to be apart of a program that unites families back together. What a better thing to do in life!

Yes, for now, I am living a dream. I need to tell you all about how my first week went, but that's a story for a later time. As for now, I'm headed out to the trail tomorrow morning, SO! I should probably get to bed. But look for a post from me when I get back. See ya'll in a week! :)

--Singing Sun Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment