Why you may ask!? The answer: I don't know. I just find them fascinating! Going over a bridge, seeing boats and standing on railroad tracks or seeing a train just make me super happy! So happy intact that I turn giddy. LIke a 5 year old boy giddy, complete with 5 year old girl squeals of delight! Why am I brining this up now though you may be asking yourself... it's because of what I did in Southern California this past weekend.
Wait!! REWIND!!! You may be saying to yourself, "Leavitt, I thought you were in Colorado, and NOW you're in Southern California... explanation, explanation, EXPLANATION PLEASE!!!" Oh, alright, I'll explain if you insist!
I left Colorado and started driving home. I stopped just below Denver,CO to see a friend that I haven't seen since I was 5 years old, ok, he was friends with my older siblings, but hey, I consider him a friend too!
His daughter is pretty much like I was when I was little, and it was a WONDERFUL visit with him, his wife and his two adorable children.
Then, I finally hit Trinidad, Co, which some of you may know is known for performing the FIRST gender reconstruction surgery (weird!!! sorry, not to cause offense, I just find it weird!), found a place to sleep, and slept in my van. It was the best sleep I've gotten in awhile. I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to argue with it, I slept AMAZING in the back of my van with the windows cracked just a bit and being all cuddled up in my down blanket... I was in HEAVEN especially when it dropped down to 50 degrees that night. HEAVEN!! But, all of this is off topic! I stopped in New Mexico and picked up my friend Amanda. She needed a ride back down and I was just grateful to have the company of someone to talk with me and keep me awake and alert and to have fun with.
Sometimes it gets boring on trips, and so Amanda was kind enough to take pictures for me! Thanks!
We arrived in Arizona LATE tuesday night, I came home and immediately crashed and fell asleep. The following morning (Wednesday) I got up and went to a meeting for ANASAZI. When my meeting was over, I went home and hung out with Kyle, Carla (they're a married couple, and they're BOTH my best friends out here!) and my mom. Then the two of them kidnaped me and we went and played all afternoon!
Thursday, Carla came and kidnapped me again, but this time, she and Kyle took me to California to visit Kyle's parents as one last trip before she had her baby (oh yeah, I forgot to add that she's pregnant too!). They invited me to come along because a) they hadn't seen me in 2 freaking weeks and b) they knew I'd take Carla's maternity pictures there! So, a week with my two best friends in California!? WHY NOT!!!
On Friday, we went to San Diego. We were there so that Kyle could see his mom get sealed to her parents (awesome thing for him!) and while we were driving there, I said something along the lines of loving BOATS! So, while we were driving around and exploring San Diego, they decided to surprise me and take me to a ship harbor (ok, truth, they were talking about it right in front of me but I was too oblivious to realize it...).
If you can't imagine my excitement of showing up and seeing boats (and we went over a bridge AND saw a train on the way... makes it all the more exciting!), let me show you. Bottom line, I was pretty excited about being on not just one boat, but 3 boats AND a submarine! YAY!
First picture on the boat... I was SUPER excited! Kyle and I even did a boat stepping, SO SO SOOOOO exciting! This was pretty much my face for 90% of the time I was on the boat!
Don't ask me where we're going! I can't tell my north from my south!
Russell Crow touched this wheel, and walked on this ship, and so did I! I was in the presence of GREATNESS!!!
These pictures are from the boat Surprise. It's the same boat that's in the movie Master and Commander, which I hadn't seen, and then Kyle and his family had me watch it. AWESOME movie!
Dave Holliday is a very dear friend of mine who I met through my walking at ANASAZI when I was younger. He was the consultant on the movie Stranded (I think!) to make sure that everything was done authentically. ANASAZI has one of these volleyballs in our VP's office. I just thought it was cool there was one in a museum too!!!
Ridding Napoleon. Apparently these were canons off of Napoleon. :)
Getting on a submarine... I wasn't all that keen on being "under" water... if you catch my drift (pun intended!)
I got SUPER excited about looking into this telescope thing (I know there's a proper name for it...) this was SO much fun. I'll have to post videos about this!
In the boiler room of a different ship. I was getting kinda freaked out being in there, and then we were told there was a leak down there. I just wanted to get out SUPER fast, but Kyle was being such a good friend and wanted to teach me how to calm down, so he shut the door on us while we were in there... I was just super eager to take this picture and then PLEAD with him to open the door so we could be at least ABOVE water. He was kind and unlatched the door after he scared me and I jumped and screamed. Thanks Ky.
The Star of India. The ship that I played and PLAYED and PLAYED on. I love this ship! :)
All in all, I'm sure you can tell that I had a SUPER fun day. I'll have to tell you all about my fishing experience, but that's a post for another day. I can't give you everything all at once now can I?
<3 --The girl who loves BOATS, BRIDGES and TRAINS!
No comments:
Post a Comment