SO! I feel like I start off every blog with SO! I dunno know why, but well, that's just how it goes I suppose.
Colorado... I KNOW! Let me just tell you about what the heck I'm doing, cuz I can tell you it's certainly CRAZY... and I'm even shaking my own head at myself for doing this...
I'm taking some time off of ANASAZI to get some things done. One of those things is going to Colorado to get WFR (Wilderness First Responder) Certified. Basically I'll end up being a wilderness EMT of sorts. The skills they teach me will make me a much more confidant trail walker because it will provide me with the skills to take care of situations where I don't really have much. I thought about taking an EMT class, but that class will be all about how fast I can get a patient into an ambulance and won't really help me when I'm out in the middle of no-where with a YW (young walker) who is badly injured and we're in the middle of a canyon. I feel like being WFR certified will give me the skills and confidence I need to feel better about being out in the middle of no-where with teenagers. I hope!
Here's the plan! The class starts on Sept. 10th, but because it's a 15+ hour drive, I'm going to leave on thursday. I'll just drive as far as I can each day... about 8-9 hours. I might just get it all done in one day if I can... naw, that won't happen, I'll leave Thursday afternoon... after I see everyone who's coming off the trail :D Drive as far as I can, but for sure get there BEFORE sunset on Friday night. I have to get there before sunset on friday because well, for the next 11 days, I'm going to be camping. I'm going to be doing comfortable camping though, but still, it's camping none the less! Sleeping in a tent (my mother won't approve of this, but I'm going to do it anyways!), having a fire at night, and studying my butt off for my class every night! I'll have a night or two where I can go do stuff around, I'll probably go take pictures and edit them on my computer and explore the town I'll be in for a few days. After my class ends, I'll probably pack everything up and drive home as fast as I can. I won't mind stoping along the way if I need to, but I really don't want to. I'll want to get home by Tuesday evening.
So yes, I'm crazy. I'm driving to Colorado to get WFR certified, and I'm going to be living out my car for 2 weeks and I don't have a hotel or anything. I guess we'll just see how it all turns out in the end won't I?
Bring on the adventure!
<3 the girl who can go primitive back-packing for a week with almost nothing, but takes a bin full of clothes for comfortable camping... WEIRD!?
No comments:
Post a Comment